A Brief History
St Mary’s school was estbalished in 1957 after Bishop Goody recognised the need to establish a Catholic school in the town of Boyup Brook.
Initially the school was staffed by the nuns of the Presentation Sisters and they remained here until 1990 when the school’s first lay principal was established.
The school initially consisted of two classrooms, a small music room and toilets. Over the years there have been many changes and transformations in terms of the physical layout of the school but the community spirit has remained the same.
Most recently, our school enjoyed a positive re development through the Building and Education Revolution and in 2011 a new Admin building and Library/Multi purpose room was opened. This still remains a focal point within the school.
Currently, our school enjoys well resourced classrom facilities and spacious playground areas.
School Vision Statement
St. Mary’s Catholic School is committed to the education of the whole child based on Gospel values and the person of Christ.
We strive for excellence in all areas and involve the parents and community in the education of the children of our school.
We hope to lead the children to an integration of faith, life and learning and in doing so assist them to prepare for their place in society.
This we do in a caring atmosphere where individual needs are catered for in a spirit of compassion, understanding and encouragement.
School Crest and Motto
“Growing Through Christ”
Our School is dedicated to Mary, the Mother of Jesus. Mary leads us to Jesus and asks us to follow Him as she did.
The ‘S’ and ‘M’ on the Crest represent St Mary’s.
It is through the person of Jesus that we grow to be the people God created us to be. He is The Way, The Truth and The Life. We model ourselves on Him and His teachings.
The † symbolises Christ’s love for us and our love for Him.