At St. Mary’s school we have a talented, dedicated, professional and diverse staff that work together collaboratively and with other education professionals within our region to ensure that our students are reaching their potential. We have staff that have been here at St. Mary’s quite a while and have helped our school in so many different ways and we have staff that are new to the school and to the area.
Being a country school, our staff work hard to keep up to date with the trends of current best practice in education and we network with other Catholic schools in our region to ensure we are doing this. We are part of the TREE network of Catholic schools, and along with St. Joseph’s, Pemberton, Kearnan College, Manjimup and St. Brigid’s, Bridgetown, we regularly meet up for professional learning events as well as a bi-annual learning conference in order to build teacher capacity and ensure our schools are providing the best possible Catholic Education for our students.
Below is a list of our 2021 staff:
- Principal: Mr Ronan Kelly
- Kindy/Pre-Primary: Mrs Jane Wheeler (4 days) Mrs Carolyn Harvey (1 day)
- Year 1/2/3: Mrs Margaret Evans
- Year 4/5: Mrs Barbara Marsh
- Year 6: Mrs Nicole Reilly/ Mr Scott Tweedie
- LOTE (French): Mrs Nicole Reilly
- Art: Mrs Michelle Lloyd
- Drama: Mrs Fiona Cailes
- Science and Sport: Mr Scott Tweedie
- Administration Officers: Mrs Emma Fortune and Mrs Gemma Aird
- Education Assistant: Mrs Hayley Cook (special needs and chaplaincy worker) Miss Deb Corp (K/PP and Year 1/2/3 class)
- Groundsman: Mr Ross Parker
- Cleaners: Mrs Kerrie Parker and Ms Vicki Lawrence